06 July 2015

Thankfulness in July

It is July. I haven't written since January. Whether anyone reads or not, writing is cathartic for me typically. Recently I have been processing a lot more through talking things out with my spouse and my friends instead.


After a few months of significant change, I am inspired today to make a thankful list of things I am grateful for in the right here and right now.


:: I have lost 31 pounds since March 1st. I finally figured out what is going on, and thankfully, it is working. I was dealing with some gut issues and some food intolerances. Right now we are eating mostly grain, dairy, refined sugar, and legume free. I eat some rice, quinoa, and some cheese and milk but not a lot. So far so good. My energy levels have skyrocketed, I sleep better, my acne is almost entirely gone, and I am thankful for an answer.


:: We have been berry picking twice already this year and I'm going again this weekend for blueberries. This means fruit syrups with honey and blueberry pies and black raspberry tarts. Berries are so beautiful and being out in the fields is such a joyous experience for me each and every time.


:: My husband and I love each other. Thanks be to God. In a world that is all too crazy, knowing he loves me makes a huge difference.


:: The third anniversary of the fire passed us by without too much interference. I could definitely tell that I was more stressed and tired, but that is better than the last two years. I still well up with tears when I truly think about what happened to us, but mostly we have recovered and moved on with our lives. I am still so thankful for everyone who helped us out in various ways following the fire. The generosity of the people we love is overwhelming.


:: I like my job. Some days are crazy, and some days I feel like I am in the FBI investigating things, but overall my job is good. I like the people I work with, I love my hours, and I sometimes get to have lunch with my husband mid-week. What could be better than that?


:: We are finally making local friends. Making friends post-seminary has really been difficult for me, but I finally feel like we are making some progress. I am really happy to know there are people I can call locally.


:: We are going to Colorado in 10 days to visit my friend Clarissa, who I haven't spent significant time with in over 5 years. We have seen each other, but not for real. I am so excited to see their lives, to cook with her, to see the mountains again after 3 years, to go hiking, and to just be with a dear friend. Woohoo!


:: As always in the summer, I am forever grateful for my CSA. I love the fresh veggies every single week. I am also thankful for farmer's markets. I am grateful that someone takes time and effort to grow my food, beautiful and amazingly tasty food that I savor each and every week.


It is so easy to be overwhelmed with the to-do's of life. But there are so many beautiful things about life right now. Sure, there are numerous things I wish for and want, but right now in our life is a great place to be. We have a good life, a happy life, a life that is sweet.

No comments: