There is one thing right now that I cannot count, and that is hearing this phrase during the last week.
"There just are not enough jobs for all of you."
Dum Dum Dum.
The Midwinter conference happened, which allowed for me to meet specifically with specific people in specific places where I may be interested in serving. These conversations provided a moment to discuss churches/ministries that are options for me in the coming year, places where my name will get 'put into the pile.' It was enlightening and scary because there really aren't enough jobs for all of us.
So, I started thinking. I really am non-traditional. The one 'official' interview I had was with someone who didn't really believe women can be lead pastors. While the job sounds right up my alley, I'm not sure I can work full-time, day in and day out with someone who disagrees with my call. Especially in light of my background, I need affirmation and not questioning. So I think that one will be a 'no thank you'. I love the church, I love the Covenant, but I'm thinking maybe we'll find our own way.
CPE Residency is still a possibility. It would basically be like what I did this summer, only for a whole year somewhere. That year could be a nice break, and nice time to think through things. Who knows. Africa is still also on the radar screen and we are officially going to apply for World Mission. However, to get a team together and raise funds generally takes a couple of years, so that is a long-term call. Also, Alaska is definitely still in the running. There are some fabulous opportunities there that sound almost handmade just for us.
In the end, the truth is that we shall see. Throughout this week, while I did feel the process is fairly ridiculous by nature, I really had a sense of peace. Yes, this is crazy. Yes, there aren't enough jobs. Yes, God's hand is ever-present. God would not have brought me this far just to leave me hanging. God isn't like that. So - onward and upward!
07 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment