2. I am bad at making phone calls. Especially to people I don't know. And it is a big part of my job, so I need to get over it.
3. Little planes are not as horrible as I once thought.
4. Moose are not all they are cracked up to be. Especially when they won't get out of your yard.
5. Moving is a thorn in my side.
6. Coffee is a beautiful thing. Decaf coffee is not.
7. Corner sofas are great...until you move into a house where they won't fit anywhere.
8. Seeing friends and family is glorious. Until you have to leave them.
9. Friends who are low maintenance are sometimes the best. They understand, and it is like no time went by.
10. Strong women could change the world.
11. Oil spills are evil. But oil is necessary. So then, pray tell, what do you do?
12. Hyundai Elantra cars do not have comfortable seats when you are a short person.
13. Driving 2000 miles in 10 days by yourself is not the most fun thing ever, but one does get a lot of thinking done.
14. Decorah is still beautiful. I would still live there in a heartbeat if I could figure out a way for that to work.
15. We're supposed to live in Alaska right now.
16. I would like to be a mother, but I can't afford it.
17. I enjoy too many things. It is hard to pick one to have as a life focus.
18. Ordination is confusing. To do it or not to do it, that is the question. It is for life. Like marriage. Am I ready for that?
19. My parents are some of the most fabulous people on the planet. There are no other options. My parents are the best ones. So there.
20. If I had more time to be myself, things could get crazy.
21. God is big, and I am not.
22. There is a box that people expect you to fit in. I don't fit. Some parts are always sticking out. I have come to the realization that this might always be true.
23. The Co-op in Decorah always smells the same. I go there to smell it when I am in town.
24. Fabric is possessed. It makes me buy it.
25. Heat is overrated. Humidity stinks. Alaskan temperatures in the summer are perfection. (So far.)
26. My brother is engaged, so I must be getting older. When did he grow up?
5 comments:
10. Strong women will change (or are changing) the world.
18. Ordination. Pastor Sandy Norris shared with Pastors Efrem & Kevin at church on Sunday in celebration of their ordinations something she was told at hers: Ordination is something you grow into. I'm thinking that's true.
4. Moose in your yard.
Right now squirrels are the bane of my gardening existence. They dig up everything. They even ate Anders' avocado seed that had sprouted in a jar (it was a good 8 inches tall now).
18. Ordination
Pastor Sandy Norris said this in church on Sunday (she was told it after her ordination and was sharing it with Pastors Efrem & Kevin who had both gotten ordained): Ordination is something you grow into.
I think that's true.
#9, 11, 17, 20-22, yep ;) i'm glad for #9. and also- happy birthday tomorrow friend!
Post a Comment