18 December 2011

Right Now: Crafting

There is much bustle in our humble abode right now. We're getting ready for Christmas and the visit of longed for family. We've been having a blast this year. We made quite a few of our Christmas gifts and forgot to get a picture of a few of them! I just have one more pair of pajama pants to make and we are set. Oh, and baking...of course.

::Placemats and napkins for my mother. I made 6 of each because I don't foresee more people joining our family too quickly. Especially ones who will need placemats. I think they turned out quite well. The greatest part of this project is that all but 2 of the fabrics were already in my stash.

::These stockings have been on the docket for four years. I have absolutely no idea why it took so long to make them. Kennan helped me this Friday and away we went. I absolutely love them. I grew up with red and white stockings, so these really speak "Christmas" to me.

::Kennan's dad loves beachy things. His dad's wife found something similar to these placemats and napkin rings on etsy and asked Kennan if he would be able to make them for his dad for Christmas from her. She offered to pay him for his services and I think he did a phenomenal job. Aren't those just the coolest looking things? He has reason to be proud. I hope his dad loves them!

::Speaking of Kennan's dad's wife...she is a bag lady. She is always carrying a bag of some variety, so I thought, why not make her one for Christmas? She loves flowers. I know she'd probably rather have a girly color, but I love the outside fabric, so here it is. Cute, no?

::And finally, success. We have been attempting to make our own hamburger/brat buns for over 5 years. We have never had buns that tasted good, weren't crumbly, looked right, and worked correctly with hamburgers. Finally we have something we love. We are really excited. What may seem like a small feat was a huge deal for us last night as we enjoyed our sloppy lentils atop these lovelies!


So, things here are great. We're finishing preparing our home for Christmas time. We're making some treats, drinking some eggnog, and looking forward to having the winter solstice behind us. We're also praying for snow. It has been raining here for 2 weeks and it. is. gross. The world is covered with ice. We live in Alaska and we're looking for cold weather and snow. I hope it isn't too much to ask before Christmas??


Happy 4th Sunday of Advent!

2 comments:

K said...

1. our world is covered with brown. a white Christmas really does seem to be the thing of dreams this year. :(
2. LOVE the bag! you are skilled, my friends.
3. merry merry Christmas to you and yours.

Callie said...

I love the placemats! Those are beautiful. I'm so impressed with all your handmade gifts!