09 November 2012

Right Now

Today is my last day before I go back to work next week. I have a lot of nerves about it because, well, I always have a lot of nerves about new things. I have never done this type of work before and it makes me concerned in general. Truthfully, I know it will be fine, but that doesn't stop the crazy questions. Thankfully, we are heading out tomorrow to visit some family in Rochester. This will be a good diversion and it will also be great to see Kennan's brother in his current location. 

Here are some right now happenings before life changes again.

I finished the curtains. Hallelujah. I love them. They are bright and crazy.
My favorite cookbook, pomegranates, and honeycrisp apples. I bought 25 lbs of pomegranates. I belong to a bulk buying group and I will no longer be able to order because the pick up is during the day on Mondays. So I bought a huge box of pomegranates and I love it. Pomegranates are my favorite. The rest are in the basement. I also got organic honeycrisp apples for $25 for 20 lbs...so cheap. So good. So many pies and crisps to come.
One of my new favorite breakfasts is baked fruit with a touch of honey, some sort of oat or nut topping, and nut cream sauce over the top. Good stuff.
This is the beginnings of my dream table. Kennan is making me a farmhouse table. This is Kennan and my dad washing off the old, old boards. 
This is the wood after washing - trust me, it is gorgeous!
And today, applesauce making with Jonagold apples that I also bought from the bulk buying group. 
The almost empty box of beautiful apples. The cat climbs into the box and sniffs them. Every time I try to get a picture he runs away.
Maple cinnamon apple rings that I made yesterday. They were so good that....
I am making more of them today. My house smells like a beautiful apple orchard and I am thrilled.
And last, but certainly not least, a beautiful sight in the basement.....the beginnings of the table!!!! The goal is Thanksgiving because we are having lots of people here - it might not happen, but it is good to have a goal.
Don't even get me started on the Thanksgiving planning. I love planning big family meals. Love it. I also love thinking through what everyone might want homemade for Christmas. If you are someone I give gifts to, feel free to send me some ideas if you'd like something. I love to make things people actually would like!

2 comments:

K said...

Oof, that table is going to be GORGEOUS. Go, Kennan, go!

jarcher said...

So much fun stuff going on there! Those apple chips look wonderful! How do you make them?