Well, the holiday season is finished. No matter what, my belly is quite thankful. Even if you strive not to eat tons of junk food, holidays still bring a gluttony of food, and it typically isn't standard everyday vegetable fare.
I find myself not having much to say these days. I have sort of retreated within myself to think things through about this new year. I am pondering the implications of last year on the future of my life, and trying to figure out just what it is that I want to accomplish this year, or even in the next few years. This requires introspection.
I am also just plain old tired. I am sort of exhausted with the state of the world, with how Christian people can read their Bibles and claim that God wants us to have guns to kill each other, or how we can complain about our taxes when there are children starving, and how I am always the one who is supposed to have an open mind because I disagree, so obviously I am wrong and need to open my mind. Somehow, the person I am talking to never has to open their mind, just me. There are two sides to every story and there isn't always a right answer, sometimes there is no answer but discussion. I digress. You see? I need introspection.
So here are some photos from the last couple of months.
The cat, sitting on my sweaters. This definitely helps when I have to go to work and there is fur all over them.
The Thanksgiving turkey, brining in a cooler. Isn't that genious? I read it somewhere. You don't have to make space for it in the fridge because the cooler keeps it cold enough. Genious.Somehow, there are always tons of jars in our sink. So many jars.
Sometimes, when you need butter softened quickly your husband comes up with a shoe-heater solution. And sometimes, your pet thinks it is fun to play with it.
Morning light at my parents'.
More morning light at my parents'.
Happy 2013 to you. All I can say with sincere honesty is that truthfully, this year cannot be worse than last year, right? I am looking forward to this year and all it holds, but for now I am just not sure what the goals are, except to try and figure them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment