16 December 2014

Food Links, For My Own Memory

A couple of things I recently found online that I want to remember. I recommend both of these articles highly.

First, from Beauty that Moves, one of my fave blogs of all time:

        "Through the challenges, there is also opportunity for freedom and abundance. Years ago, around the time I took a hard look at our grocery budget, I developed a mantra for living through hard times (ask my family members, they'll tell you this is true), and it goes like this... am I doing all that I can? Simple, right? It's my way of not playing the external blame game (the economy! job market! taxes! land prices! health care costs!) and bringing the work of life, the actions I am actually in control of, back to myself. Am I doing all that I can, is the question I come back to again and again. It's the question that motivates me out of self-pity when times are hard and spawns busy hands and resourcefulness."  LINK

Second, from Ben Hewitt:
        
          "My general sense is that a lot of people are really confused about food. My other general sense is that the dominant food industry likes us to be confused. And maybe a little afraid. It likes us to think we’ll die of some horrible disease if we make a batch of sauerkraut or butcher a pig at home or drink unpasteurized milk. It likes us to skip from one diet to another, because each skip represents an opportunity to sell us more things we don’t much need.

I also suspect that the first step toward eating a truly healthy diet is to listen to whatever government nutrition professionals tell you about eating a truly healthy diet.

And then do exactly the opposite."  LINK



 

No comments: