Okay, this post is going to say some things about me, but that is alright. I usually do not have star-struck fever at all, but (drum roll please)
Barack Obama is coming to Decorah and speaking at Luther College and I get to go and see him! (And drag my husband along for the ride.) I am so excited. I don't know what it is, but I have been frustrated that I haven't seen him speak in person because he has been everywhere in Iowa. And now, here he is! I can barely contain my excitement. I just found out yesterday and I can barely take it.
I know I shouldn't be so political, but this is great. I actually might get to meet someone who could be a future president.
02 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what was obama like??? and loved your blog on sexuality!!! amen! great to get caught up a bit on what you're doing... i've got audacity of hope on my shelf, but haven't read it yet... as for the youth group thing, reread your post about your first teaching at youth group and remind yourself that there are good days and bad days. youth don't have the longest attention spans... but they're not looking for "fun" - they're looking for solid relationships... just someone who will actually BE there... you are doing just this... keep pursuing them with phone calls, notes, etc. and the youth group times will come together... it's in the little one-on-ones, small group stuff, though, too, that lives are changed. hang in there!!!
Post a Comment