09 January 2009

Breaks, Brothers, and Interviews

Well, we have officially returned to Chicago. After spending about a week with each family, which equals 3 weeks in our case, we were more than ready to return home. It had nothing to do with our families, mostly we just really needed to be back in our own space.

Speaking of our space, Kennan's brother Brady is currently in route to spend the night here as respite on his long journey from Bloomington, IN to Iowa. We are excited to have him...there is bread baking, chicken, carrots, and potatoes cooking, and butter churning in the bread maker. Mmmmm.

Then, this weekend, the real world officially comes close to home. The interview process for me begins. Ba-boom. I am excited to begin the process because it means that we are moving somewhere, which is great. Kennan and I meet with all the superintendents of the denomination for dinner Sunday, then we have 3 interviews on Monday afternoon and 2 interviews on Tuesday morning. Each interview consists of about 30 minutes with around 4 people (superintendents, denominational leaders, and world mission representatives). They try to get to know us, hear about our lives and where we envision ministering in this big old world.

We have officially decided that we are, in fact, willing to move anywhere in the world - Africa, Alaska, Asia, wherever. We are really open and quite happy about it.

Pray for us!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

I'm excited for you especially about your openness to wherever God leads! Does this all start tomorrow Sunday or a week from Sunday? Just wanting to be sure to pray on the right days. Be assured of my prayers for you throughout! (and I am bummed I missed you in the Twin Lakes/Pomeroy area while I was gone to WI with my family so catch a hug via this comment!)