I am currently in the midst of writing some final papers for classes. I have 2 reflection papers (they are small), one group presentation, one LONG 15 page paper, and one short paper. I realize this sounds like a lot, but the thing I am truly concerned about is the long paper because it is about history and I don't really like history and I don't really have anything to say. At this point, however, turned in is much better than good. I honestly do not really care about well done anymore. I want to, but there just isn't time or energy, so I am relaxing into allowing myself to just turn things in.
The thing that is really difficult right now is that I have two sermons due tomorrow for a final paper for one of my classes. They are finished, other than a quick revision, but I sort of have trouble with someone grading my sermons. I don't really mind evaluation, but a grade seems difficult. There are so many ways to preach, so many settings to preach in, and so many different styles. I have my own groove and it works for me. I know that there are lots of ways to improve and I have years to do that. It is just hard to know that someone is going to grade me not only on what I say, but on my particular style.
I am just tired of the grading. I'm fine with evaluations, but grading seems so random and so based on opinion and judgment. In some classes I would get an A on these sermons, and in others a C. It is so wierd.
Oh well. Just turn it in, right?
13 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment