12 March 2010

Lent: Day 21-22

This week has been a good week and a difficult week for many reasons. But I have done lots of yummy cooking.

Rolls for dinner. They are from the same dough as the bread before. It was in the fridge and I just grabbed small circles and cooked them. Still enough in the fridge for 2 more loaves!
Broccoli Cheese Soup to go with the rolls. It was a new recipe and was SO good. It was from Deborah Madison's soup cookbook. She also wrote Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Her stuff is amazing.
1/2 gallon of milk turning into yogurt:
Last night's supper: Salad w/snow peas, carrots, celery and homemade caesar dressing and Cauliflower Pasta. So yummy. And there are lots of leftovers. Woohoo!
So I have officially learned something. Eating out and soda drinking really aren't good for you, as a general rule. Want to know why? Since Lent started I have lost 6 pounds. Yep, 6. And my running buddy and I have had to cancel several times for sickness and -15 degree weather. So I'm not even exercising as much as usual. But I'm not buying snacky food, I'm not eating sugar, and I'm not eating in restaurants.
Now that is an advertisement for home cooking!

No comments: