12 August 2010

I Believe, and I Doubt, and I Believe...

Seeing family has been super fun, but also extremely difficult. Seeing family reminds me that I live 3500 miles away from them.

That. Hurts.

There are lots of times when I am ready to pack everything and move to the Midwest. Because I doubt the call that brought me here. And I want to give up because it is. Really. Hard.

But I believe, and so I'm trying to persevere. Trying. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail. It depends on the day. But I'm trying. Sometimes I don't want to try, but I'm working on that.

It is just so hard to know that we can't afford to go home again until May. That's 10 months from now.

Sure, I have this guy:
But I don't have these two:
Or these two:
And that is rough. Especially when you absolutely adore your family. Not everyone loves having their family around. But I love it. Because they are fun, and cool, and safe.

Ouch. It hurts today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! It hurts to be away, but May will be that much sweeter! Right? Right?

Clarissa said...

Your family does rock. :) I'm sorry that it's so certain you won't be able to see them until May. Being away from people you really, really love who really love you back is icky. I'm really glad you got to be together this summer, though. That is very, very happy.

Clarissa said...

Your family does rock. :) I'm sorry that it's so certain you won't be able to see them until May. Being away from people you really, really love who really love you back is icky. I'm really glad you got to be together this summer, though. That is very, very happy.

Clarissa said...

Your family does rock. :) I'm sorry that it's so certain you won't be able to see them until May. Being away from people you really, really love who really love you back is icky. I'm really glad you got to be together this summer, though. That is very, very happy.

Sarah Anne said...

did i ever tell you your mom reminds me of Jill- Tim Taylor's wife from the show Home Improvement? don't ask me why, but she does. randomness...