This is the end. The end of another era of life, the end of another section of existence.
At the end of this week, I will no longer be working at my current job.
I'm not sure what I will do now. I have some feelers out. We shall see. We aren't planning to leave Alaska, but we are planning to figure some things out. Alaska probably isn't a long term thing. We moved here for my job, but we have fallen in a sort of love with this vast and wild place. There is something fundamentally real about living here. There are no concrete towers, there are not roads to get you everywhere. You can't get everything you want whenever you want it.
Life is simpler, slower.
I have been unable to really enjoy this life. While the job wouldn't be bad for everyone, it was bad for us. The stress, the frustration, and the crazy are just too much for this chick to handle. Some people are made for some things and other people are made for other things. This isn't something that I am made of. It doesn't fit. No matter how much I stretch or bend or push or prod. I just can't do this job. So I'm done.
We need money, so I'm looking for another job. We'll see what happens.
But for now, that is the story. The end has come. There is light at the end of my little tunnel. And all things are right in the world again. There is joy in our home, peace in my life, and warmth in my inner being.
I am happy. Sing praises!
2 comments:
Hallelujah! Amen!
Congrats on being finished. Sounds like it is right and good. Can't wait to talk soon.
Post a Comment