I never thought I would say this, but it has been really great. I love to be home with my husband, sure, but this has been different. I have enjoyed the time to cook and to plan. It is nice that the dishes are done and the house is clean and homey because someone has actually been able to do it. The laundry is done and no one is without clean, dry clothes. Lots of things are going into the freezer: pumpkin, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, hungarian mushroom soup, cream of mushroom soup, roasted red pepper soup, scones for future breakfasts. Lots of cheese purchased at Costco is being shredded. I'm making roasted red peppers. Our dinner is home cooked each night. It is warm and inviting. I have time to make pitas to go with dinner tonight.
The menu plan is being followed. The house is home, not distracting and messy. I am exercising, Kennan feels he can stay at work to exercise because I have time to make dinner without his help. I'm not too tired or too stressed or too frustrated to think through a recipe. We are happy.
Life, in itself, is very simple. I would like to see people more, sure, but these few days of life that are slow and peaceful have taught me a lot. Sometimes, slow and simple really is the best way to be. If it works for our family, then so be it.
Moving forward, things will change. I will work. We will order pizza. I hope this peace I feel can continue on, though. I've been searching for some peace and direction for a long time. I am almost hysterical with laughter when I realize that peace has come to me, but in a way I never expected. Peace has come through cooking, cleaning, and time to think.
What a world.
Now if only I could get up the gumption to sew the other 104 string quilt blocks I need for a quilt that should have been done in May. It will be so beautiful...but it takes so long! Ahhh!
2 comments:
I love it! Yay God!
I really enjoyed this post. I feel more at peace just READING. I feel so convicted about having a healthy well managed home. And you can always prepare salad on Sunday afternoon for the week or whatever and eat a piece of pizza with your salad. :) I need a recipe for that salad you made with the crazy name. I want to try it for sure! And, AND, there is something about a full freezer that is so fulfilling. Did Clarissa tell you that I nominated Alaska for her wedding reunion? We can all workout, hike and eat spinach and soup!
Post a Comment