09 May 2011

Wow, Just...Wow

So you know that nanny job I thought I had? The people were supposed to contact me Friday to get together this weekend and this week to get to know them and make sure everything was a good fit.

Friday came and went, Saturday came and went, and Sunday came and went. They never called or emailed. I sent an email on Friday telling them my weekend and this week schedule and asked openly if the job was still mine or if they decided to go another way. They didn't respond.

She made very clear to me that they check email several times daily, and honestly, I was too angry to call.

It is Monday and still nothing. How rude is that? I honestly didn't know that people could actually be that below the belt. If you're trying to hire someone shouldn't you have the decency to let them know that you decided not to hire them? I mean seriously...isn't this just ridiculous?

Plus, I wasted an entire week of job searching. A week is a long time!

I am now back at square one. And my digestive system is back into major turmoil mode.

I'm hoping that the third time will be a charm. I just cannot believe that people would actually just not let me know like that. I can't get over how utterly rude it is. And this is a small town so I will run into these people again. I would have understood if they had just let me know...but to not even let me know? So insane.

Blech!

No comments: