- Still no job. What else is new? I have applied to 2 more positions, both look like I would enjoy them. Still nothing. I never know when to call people back or not call them back or what.
- My grandma is coming today. With her sister and brother-in-law. These people are all 80 and I am super excited. It isn't often that we get to have older people in our home so it will be fun.
- They want salmon. So I'm cooking salmon. Everyone wants salmon except me. Okay, and Kennan too.
- At this point, before my grandma gets here in 5 hoursish I still have to: clean the house, wash the towels, fold the laundry, clean out the car, make the dessert for supper, and you know...finish a quilt. Boy, it is a good thing I am blogging!
- I officially quilted my second quilt this weekend and it looks good. I may be a somewhat natural at this, which is encouraging, even though I can't really make money at it.
- I started quilting the purple vomit quilt yesterday. I HAVE to take it with me to Iowa because it is already a YEAR late in the giving. I have 2 rows finished. There are 4 more. It is huge.
- Upon quilting, I am not convinced I think this quilt is as vomitaceous (is that a word?) as I previously believed. I still don't like it, but I'm thinking it might be worthy of actually giving to someone.
- While quilting and attempting to talk to Kennan last night I put the needle through my finger. Right next to the nail, so pretty deep. Kennan said I got my first 'through and through', which if you don't watch crime shows, won't mean anything to you. It hurt. A lot. My finger is still ticked off.
- I didn't know quilting could maim you until the last 6 months.
- I won't be blogging for the next couple of weeks, except maybe about my finished quilt with pictures because my grandma is here and then we're in Iowa.
- Our 7 year anniversary is Sunday. I can't believe it.
- I have a beautiful idea for a baby quilt for a special friend who may or may not live in Massachusetts. I have been waiting for an idea to strike me and it did, yesterday. And I actually have some time before baby makes their appearance, so I'm pretty stoked. My inspiration is usually much more last minute than this!
17 May 2011
Update, Bullet Point Style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment