21 September 2011

Thoughts on a Sick Wednesday

Here are some thoughts swimming in my head, on this, a Wednesday that I am sick:

  • Do not go to work when you are sick. Why? Because then EVERYONE else gets sick. Someone like me then stays home because they don't want to perpetuate the problem. If you would just stay home things like this wouldn't happen. Ok? Unless you can't live without the paycheck, then I understand.
  • When people are 24 they should not act like they are 14.
  • Last week at work (with above mentioned 24 year olds) I got told that I should have smoked pot because then I would know how to effectively use a Bic lighter. Really.
  • Last week at work when people found out I had a masters degree from a seminary they stopped swearing for 30 minutes. It was nice.
  • I love fall.
  • It has been raining since the beginning of August. I am tired of it. The rainy season in Homer is way longer than the rainy season in any other places I have lived.
  • Kennan's mom came and then she left. We had a great visit. We love having visitors. However, I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much you love people, no matter how much you want them to come to visit and not want them to go - you are still exhausted when they leave and it takes a long time to catch up. It doesn't matter who it is - I am always super tired, which I am sure has contributed to the current sickness.
  • My job has migrated next door and I now work at a outdoor gear/manufacture clothes and bags/really interesting place. They own the other store, too, and this place needs people full-time and year round.
  • I'm still looking for another job.
  • And, last but not least, I had a good friend tell me yesterday that I really need to be a pastor. This is something I have not heard in a long time. It sort of shocked me. I'm not sure why. I think it is because I love Homer and Homer needs another church like it needs more fish. In other words, it doesn't need more churches. At all. So what is a girl to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have some members of Q's family coming for Thanksgiving. I will be 30 weeks pregnant. That just sounds exhausting!!! I can't believe it! I feel the same way about the nursery! If your child is sick STAY HOME!!! I mean so that your kid doesn't have to leave sick AND my kid doesn't get it. And who doesn't want to sleep in and miss church every once in awhile anyway? COME ON people!

Unknown said...

I also beleive you should be a pastor. Ever since I met you and still do.