Well, the passports are in the mail. Overnight shipping today, so they should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. We are sincerely praying for Tuesday.
We love Alaska. We do.
But believe me, BELIEVE ME, it is time to get out of here.
It isn't alaska's fault, but I don't like her right now. Maybe in a few years we can chat and make up.
We will be driving the Alaska highway and I do not think we will be stopping much, if at all. We are putting the pedal to the metal and whooshing out of this joint.
We will be staying with my parents and our numbers will remain the same for now. Their address is listed in a couple earlier posts, if you would like to send something.
We will be moving to cedar falls sometime after August 1st. Our new address there is 708 W 6th St, Cedar Falls, IA 50613. We are unsure of when exactly because it depends on insurance money and physical needs. Probably sometime in the week before the 13th, because K starts his new job then. I have an interview on the 24th, so pray it goes well. I am not sure if it is a job I want, so I need clarity of mind...and that is a hard thing to come by right now.
Pray for anger to dissipate. Pray that our drive is uneventful. Pray that we can leave as well as possible, under the circumstances. Pray that we stay awake. Pray that the border patrol lets us through straight away. Pray that the passports are here in the early mail on Tuesday.
Pray that we can see through the tears while we drive away from this place that we both love and hate, simultaneously, right now.
Goodbye, dear Alaska. I will miss you in a few months. Your ocean, your mountains, your breathtaking beauty have been good to me. To us.
Please, though, Alaska...no more knocks. I'm losing it over here.
16 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment