17 September 2012

Life Scenes

Some beautiful scenes from current life:

::Morning light on wooden floors. Real, actual wooden floors.
 ::Dirty pizza stones, dishes, and grater from our first time cooking for other people in our new home. Pizza is always a good way to go...and Kennan's pizza is just as good as I remembered. Thanks, friends, for coming to visit. My pesto and roasted red peppers were also nothing to scoff at.
 ::A squash farm, all from local farmers. And pretty jars from Ikea. Pretty displays of food help me like to cook. Hi, my name is Alaina and I am addicted to buying beautiful vegetables. I will eat them...promise!
 ::Hello beauty. I finally get to take this girl for a spin this week making curtains. I have to clean the house first, though...which means making the cleaners and attacking the windows. Hopefully the prospect of sewing will spur me on.
 ::A wooden ladder, complete with blankets filled with love. We have been looking for a wooden quilt ladder for quite some time, then I found one after I had no quilts to put on it. Epic fail. However, I have since received some blankets. The top one was made by my grandma Conover way back when. My mom had it and gave it to me, which was one of the kindest gifts I have received since the fire. The next quilt down is from my friends Kez and Stephanie from their scraps. It is bright because they know me. The bottom two crocheted blankets were made by my other grandmother. We got to choose from her basement stash of blankets after the fire. It is obvious who picked which one, no?
 ::The shelf in the basement filled with my escapades of the last few weeks. Every time I look at this shelf I smile and feel accomplished. Who needs a job? 
 ::A drying rack from Kennan's mom. At one point, this rack dried Kennan's diapers...how awesome is that?
 ::My favorite laundry basket ever that got left behind at my parent's home when we moved to Alaska because it couldn't fit in our car. I am really, really glad it didn't fit.
 ::Finally, finally, finally it is cool enough for us to turn off the AC. We aren't huge air conditioning people, but when you are used to 65 degrees and the weather is 95 degrees and you can't breathe...you use the air conditioner like it is a religion. Now, my friends, the door is wide open. Now to clean the windows and screens so that I can open the windows...
Life, as we know it, is moving forward. And our new house is cute. Not well cared for at all, but cute...and there are no neighbors upstairs. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Alaina, i am so jealous of you canning shelves! Amazing! I am considering a visit-just to partake! :-)

I am thankful you are in a happier placer.

Sarah Anne said...

This makes me happy- and even happier that i got to see these happy places in your home for myself :) Still drooling at the memory of your homemade pizza!