I currently have lots of thoughts in my head swirling around.
::I have finally, for myself, differentiated terms between pro-birth and pro-life. This helps me. These terms will never be used by the masses, but differentiating between the two helps me to explain what I think, understand what other people think, and figure out what the crazy is going on.
::Politics drive me insane. The end.
::We were going to go change our driver's licenses and get our car titled in our name. We realized that we need Social Security cards to get our driver's licenses changed and Kennan's burned up. So now he might not be able to vote in this election because you have to have photo ID in Iowa to get your voter registration card. And we live in a swing state where our votes seriously matter! I can see why people are frustrated about new voting laws because I can only imagine the struggle for people who don't have the options we do to get this paperwork back.
::It is official, there are only apples left to do. In the freezer there is pesto, peaches, pears, green peppers, and jalapenos. I canned tomatoes, salsa, tomato sauce, tomato paste, dill pickles, dill pickle relish, pickled banana peppers, pickled jalapeno peppers, peaches in vanilla syrup, ginger/peach jelly (which ended up as syrup), jalapeno jelly, and red pepper/balsamic jelly. I will still make applesauce and freeze apples for smoothies. I feel very accomplished.
::There is still a room filled with stuff in our house. I am absolutely amazed at the amount of crap one can acquire in 10 weeks. It baffles me and makes me a little sick. Lots of it is old things of ours that we need to go through and probably throw out, but still. The sheer magnitude of stuff that we now own is actually crazy. Most of it is necessary stuff, but still. Woah.
::At this point, we don't need a lot of things. We need winter clothes including coats and boots and such. We need a table and chairs, we need shelves. Oh, and a mattress. We're using one that was given to us, but we really need a good one. We haven't found it yet, but we will.
::In terms of art supplies, fabric, books, and games we have to throw in the towel. There is no way to replace any or most of it. So, we're just sitting on it and praying that in a few years' time we will have started to re-acquire those that we loved most. Cookbooks, though, we have purchased. There is also nothing on the walls, but this too shall pass. On that note, if you have any digital copies of pictures of us in the last 8 years or so, we would appreciate having copies of them. We're as of yet unsure if we can get stuff off of our computer hard drive.
::Mostly, life is good. Isn't that a phenomenal statement to be able to make? There are moments in each day that are sad and painful. But as a general rule things are looking up. I can't believe it.
13 September 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love you. Praying always. Politics drive me insane, too. So grossly divisive. But I hope you can vote. It's so very important that we vote. (P.S. I'm fairly certain our votes will be similar.) xoxo
Post a Comment