Well, with about 1/3 of the month over I am so far declaring this month a success. We have cheated a few times, though, to be honest.
First, I ate some salt water taffy at work and already had it in my mouth when I realized what I was doing. The coworker who gave it to me was standing right there, so chew and be thankful it was. I am fairly certain the look on my face was priceless.
Second, we had made plans long ago to go out with my parents last Saturday night. We had pizza and onion rings and root beer from the local brewery. Since it was a special occasion (my dad's last hurrah before a knee surgery) no holds barred. I'm glad we did it, although my digestive system did not thank me.
Third, I ate at the hospital cafeteria yesterday with my mom. I got juice and a sandwich, so I know there was unprocessed crap in there, but what do you do at a hospital cafeteria? I did my best.
We also might be getting pizza tonight, mainly because we are exhausted. However, the place we order from is a small upscale restaurant, so I actually know that their food is all homemade. For me, this doesn't break the rules because it isn't unhealthy food. I am trying not to be so litigious about this that we give up after just a few weeks.
I definitely have noticed some sugar/carb cravings. I have also noticed that I am always really proud of us when we eat in and the food tastes so much better.
I know that maybe this isn't super interesting for other people, but it is good for me to keep track of myself. We're heading to Cedar Falls this weekend where we will be getting breakfast burritos homemade at the farmers market. I also have a bridal shower this weekend, so we'll see what is offered there. I will take what is offered and be thankful for the sustenance.
Happy October!
08 October 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment