07 October 2008

Loving My Past

Throughout today I have had numerous email exchanges with women who I love from the church I served last year. When I say love I really mean love. I love these people. Love them. It is still hard for me to be separated from that place, not because of wanting to do ministry my way or anything, but simply because I love them. Even the ones who drove me crazy. Love them.

Some days I want to return there. Some days I think that would be the stupidest decision of my entire life. Some days I think - why don't I call these people that I love? Why do I not take the time to visit them - or make them visit me? :)

I really love last year. This year - not so much yet. I loved doing ministry, not talking about ministry. Even though I messed up constantly, even though some people didn't really like me so much, even though I was at times treated like a little girl, even though conflict appeared to reign, even though I was exhausted - I miss them. It is easy to forget their impact on my life.

So, thus ends my sad little sonnet about my sad departure from last year. Thanks for putting up with me.

No comments: