14 October 2008

Motivation: where art thou?

Well, lots of interesting things in the last couple of weeks. I went to my parent's home this last weekend to visit after not getting to spend much time with them this summer due to my grandmother's illness and passing. We had a grand time, my parents and I. I really like them. They are good people. It was nice to be on a gravel road.

About 2 weeks ago my computer just decided to stop recognizing that it was plugged in to anything, and therefore, died. I have known this inevitable problem was coming. The CPU fan has been out for months and I was awaiting a fireball during class some day. A new battery costs almost as much as a new computer and my computer was not really working anyway, so...a new computer was in order. Seminary must be finished.

So I got this new computer yesterday in the mail and I have to say - not so much a fan. It is new and makes funny noises. The buttons are in different places - Word is all screwed up (not a fan of the new version and can't afford a Mac currently, although I long for one sometimes) - the battery power runs wierd and the mouse is funny...alas! My poor old computer, my beloved friend, I miss her. Mostly, the computer was a 'she' because I spent so much time with it. Sad, but true. After thinking about it I realized that the computer and I spent the equivalent of almost a full-time job together for the last 3 years. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but overall - tons of time. Classes, work at the church, homework, internet surfing...you name it. I used the poor thing so hard it didn't even survive seminary...I wonder if I will...

And, now it is fall break. Which, just for your information, is more of a catch up on your homework while you actually can than a break. I have no motivation at all. It is nice outside, my couch is comfy and I can easily forget there are important papers due in the next week that I have to focus on.

Motivation, where are thou?

1 comment:

Rob Sabin said...

Hang in there girl! You are almost done. Finish well! Much love to you and Rob feels your pain.