08 November 2009

Good Things: I am not a Heretic.

This week I attended the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska's Pastor/Leader retreat. I was there for about 3 1/2 days and it was a truly blessed time. I got to meet most of the other pastor's in the state, which was a great thing, and begin to feel truly part of the wider team. It was a blessing to hear and see all that God is doing in this great state and to realize how much bigger the vision is than just what I am doing. We are a small piece of the wider machine.

The good thing I found out this week is that I am not a heretic. One of the things I did at this retreat was to interview for licensure. Once I have a license, then I can begin to pursue ordination in the Covenant next year. Apparently, my paper was alright and I am in. Woo-hoo for not being heretical!

The week was a bit odd because there just aren't many women serving up here in pastoral roles. There were several times when I was the only woman in the room. I never felt 'other', but it was sort of odd. But I'm home now, and feeling completely sick, so off to rest!

3 comments:

Rev. Dave said...

Don't worry, I'm sure we can find other places where you are a heretic.

Clarissa said...

Well, it's probably good that you will be making the choice and not the denomination. Congrats!

Sarah said...

Hey Alaina! I'm glad to have found your blog...I'll be a faithful reader. Glad you had a good time at the retreat and that you are on your way to ordination! I think of you every time I use that stuff I bought of yours at the garage sale...love it all!