22 September 2010

Random Things Wednesday

1. I am leading worship for the Covenant Women's Retreat here in Alaska. This weekend. And I am not prepared. I have never been to a covenant women's retreat, much less one in Alaska...so I am feeling a bit like I am walking out into the ocean with no real direction. Hopefully it goes okay.

2. I made moose stew last night. It was my first attempt ever at anything like beef stew. It was okay.

3. We are bad at eating fish. It is sitting in our freezer, but we just don't eat it. I'm not sure why. Lots of people would kill for a freezer full of fresh fish.

4. I get to see a friend I haven't seen for forever this weekend. That will be grand.

5. I have to see someone this weekend who is going to be very frustrated with me. That will be not-so-grand.

6. Having only one car is great - until you need to drive somewhere for the weekend and your husband can't get to church!

7. I really love good fruit.

8. My mom has some minor surgery tomorrow. It is difficult to be far away, even for something that isn't a big deal. I sent her a package with some love soaked in, so hopefully that will help.

9. My new favorite color is red. But I don't like to wear it. Just look at it. Partially this is because all the leaves change here into yellow. There is none of that beautiful orange and red that happens in other locations within this country. The yellow is beauteous, but I love red.

10. I am still toying with having a bread business. Something small, but fun. A place where people can get good, homemade bread that is healthy and also tasty. But I don't know anything about being a small business owner, or taxes, or anything. So I feel as though I'm not sure it can actually happen. Interesting, interesting. We shall see. I still think people around here would love it. There is a bakery a couple hours away that makes bread and they sell more bread than I have ever seen. Homemade bagels taste so much better than the rubber store bought kind. And if you buy expensive bread it often still has corn syrup or costs more than your left arm. I think healthy bread is so important for people - but again, I know nothing. But I like baking. It makes me happy.

No comments: