05 December 2010

Another Christmas Finish

So the pictures aren't very good because it is 4pm and the sun is setting (yeah, that's right!), but this is the Birdie Sling by Amy Butler pattern, made for my brother's fiancee, Joa, for Christmas.

This pattern was really a beast. I didn't have enough interfacing at first and had to go purchase another yard, which was extremely frustrating. I looked back and I had followed the instructions to a point, but still didn't have enough. There are two pockets on the inside that you can't see and pleating on the outside, which you also can't really see.

But...I learned how to make gussets and pleats, and I think the finished product is pretty cool. Plus, it has so much interfacing that it is an extremely sturdy and quite large bag.

It must be said, however, that Kennan slip stitched the opening shut for me. I stink at it and he does it beautifully, so he definitely contributed! :)

4 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

i LOVE this bag. love it.

Sarah Anne said...

P.S. can we make plans to own a business together someday?? cause you gots de skills, man.

Clarissa said...

I love it. You're amazing!

Alaina Beth said...

Maybe I'll have to make you two some bags. It isn't like I don't have spare time...