07 April 2011

Birds, Snow, Boxes and Jobs

Another random post because of my current random moods.

1. We made it without fail to Homer. The gas was EXPENSIVE and I seriously am not sure if we will be able to pay all of our bills this month. For real. But usually everything works out so I'm just hoping that it will do just that...work out. It will, right?

2. Our new place is fine. It is smaller, but fine. I think the dishwasher might be from the 70s, which is funny. We won't actually ever use it because we just don't use dishwashers right now, but it is still funny.

3. The people upstairs have a bird. Enough said.

4. Kennan currently loves his new job. Thank the stars above. He got PAID yesterday to get a massage. Yeah, that's right. PAID money to get a massage. Disgusting.

5. I have to drive 3 hours tomorrow for a 30 minute dental appointment. Because they couldn't fit me in last week. Nice.

6. I have applied officially for 3 jobs that I could actually do and wouldn't mind doing. Here's hoping.

7. I am a bad unpacker. I am a good packer, but unpacking is for the birds. Good thing Kennan has a 4 day weekend. (I know - his job is rough, right?)

8. I, to the chagrin of my friends Clarissa and Jimmy, am reading the Twilight series again. Why? Because it is fiction and is totally ridiculous and completely takes me out of my life. And because I haven't found our Harry Potter books yet.

9. The people upstairs made us cake and it was chocolate. It might make up for the bird. For a little while.

10. There are 5 closets in this house, which sounds really great, right? One of them has a washer and dryer (which I am thankful for) and one has a water heater. So really, there are 3 closets. One of them has to have coats in it. So hopefully 2 closets is enough.

11. Our 2nd bedroom is now the "well, I guess it can go in here" room. In it there will be: bike rack and bikes, chest freezer, recycling bins, bookshelf, sewing stuff, trunk, and other things I can't think of right now. How ugly is THAT room going to be? :)

12. It snowed this week. Like 3 inches. It is supposed to snow for the next week-ish. Spring, anyone?

We survived. We're good. Life is continuing on. I did have one emotional breakdown yesterday where I decided this whole thing was a horrible idea, that I would never find friends, and that I would never find a job and we would go even more broke than we already are. Then I remembered that everything will be fine, this is a good choice, and well, theoretically everything will work out.

So here's hoping.

I hope to get some pictures of the new life soon. Until then, boxes boxes boxes.

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

I'm more disturbed by the word "again" before your Twilight comment. Also, why do you own them? I'm so confused. Who are you?
Also, I'm sorry I called you with my own emotional breakdown in the middle of yours yesterday. You will find friends and a job. And also I love you.

Alaina Beth said...

Clarissa, I know. I know, I know. So bad. And you know what? K and I read them out loud AND I have the movies. It is my smutty fiction...so just leave me alone! :)

Sarah Anne said...

per comment #3 in your post: hahahahahaha. omg. laughed so hard i almost cried. good luck friend, good luck :)