1.I have to drive an hour and a half (one way) to Homer on Friday to go to the electric company to get a receipt with our new meter numbers. The electric company told me I can do this on the phone, but before I can get to my apt they have to have a 'proof receipt'. So, with gas at $4.25 per gallon I have to drive all the way to do this and get the keys and pay the first month of rent. Because the real estate place isn't open Saturday. Apparently no one can take 5 minutes to give us keys. What a WASTE of my time and my money (that I do not have any of at this point). Grrr.
2.The office is packed. The bedroom is packed (other than the bed). The extra bedroom is packed. The shelves are gone and so are the books. Our house is bare!
3. Tomorrow I have to attack the kitchen. We have so much kitchen stuff. And so much in the pantry. And no pantry to move it to. So we're going to get creative, which will actually be kind of fun!
4. I'm color coding my move again. It is helpful and then I don't have to feel rude when I tell people who don't know me (aka my husband's new boss) where to put things in our new apt.
5. The landlord is coming over tomorrow to "see what needs to be done" before our friends can move in. It is a strange thing because there isn't anything. I'm not quite sure what he thinks there is to do...so strange. So the visit should be interesting.
6. I'm hoping a 17 foot truck is big enough. If it isn't we REALLY need to get rid of more stuff. There's only 2 of us for crying out loud! But I'm worried, which says something about the amount of junk we have acquired since moving to Alaska.
7. I'm so excited for a new place. Not necessarily our actual apt, but we can walk to the beach anytime in 15 minutes. And I can be myself and find a job because no one in this community has preconceived ideas about us. And Kennan's new work people are just SO kind. This move will be great. The power of positive thinking works, right?
8. Lent has ceased to exist in Archerland. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided the things I did. But we decided that for the health of our marriage (in other words, so we would still be married when we got to Homer) the Mountain Dew just doesn't matter right now. Next week it matters. This week it just doesn't. And I'm okay with that. I'm pretty sure God is too.
9. Currently it doesn't look like there are many job options in Homer. So pray. Because the financials just aren't optional anymore. So I'm printing millions of resumes, walking everywhere, and unpacking next week.
10. I opened the windows today because it was 45 degrees and it was glorious. There were two moose in the backyard, just standing around. It was pretty funny. They seem to like this backyard, so hopefully the children moving in will like to watch them.
11. The woman across the street spent almost 2 hours hosing all the sand off her driveway today. What an absolute waste of water. It really honked me off.
1 comment:
I'm thinking about you! I hope everything goes smoothly.
Also, how big was that woman's driveway? 2 hours? I would have been bored after 15 minutes. Also, yeah, that seems like a stupid use of water. And wouldn't a broom work better?
Post a Comment