I'm not exactly sure what happened, but since we moved it has been go out to eat city around here. No - we didn't have the money. Somehow, we made it happen anyway, but it really wasn't good.
Weight was gained, stomachs were upset, life was just nutso.
With my new job has come some ability to actually budget instead of just pray. It has been harder than anticipated to get back into the cooking good food groove. But exciting too.
There is lots of fish on the menu. Why? Because we already have it. However, there are some other fun things being eaten around here.
Spring Rolls:
Ah, the beauties of living in Alaska.
Here, oh dear, are 60 clams. Our second clamming escapade went VERY well. These clams are the strangest things I have ever seen. The long part sticking out is the siphon...it breathes. The other side of the shell has the digger foot. These are razor clams. It takes a workout to get them but they are free and they are yummy. So worth it.
This is what the remains of 60 clams look like. I used to collect shells on the beach.
Now I throw them in the garbage. Life really changes.
So, there it is. Random food escapades. Yum.
1 comment:
Those spring rolls look delish!!! Clams...yuck! Oh and Kombucha, all that fermentation makes me gag!
Post a Comment