Tomorrow, tomorrow, my best friend in the world turns 30. 30 is a big birthday. When you are a young child you think 30 is close to the end of the world.
30, however, is young.
While I am not typically the 'sappy in public' sort of gal and, in fact, sometimes get a little sick of touchy feely couples, tomorrow is a day in which I think things need to be said.
You, my love, are turning 30. We have walked a lot of roads together. And you, you are the most beautiful human being I have ever known. Each year I have known you has been a year where you have become better, more amazing, more lovable.
Newsflash: We aren't there at all.
While there are lots of changes coming, lots of movement forward, there is also acceptance. I love who you are. Maybe we aren't where we thought, but at least we're standing together.
I am ever so thankful to be walking into your 30th year of life with you. There isn't anyone else I'd rather have walking by my side.
Happy Birthday, dearest Kennan. May this year of life bring you lots of hope, tons of love, and joy that overflows. And don't forget the fish. May this year bring you into a love affair with fish. Because in Alaska, you have to include the fish.
Love you.
1 comment:
this is really, really sweet. i miss you guys.
Post a Comment