22 November 2011

This Week

There are 30 days until my parents come to visit. To say I am excited and also nervous would be an understatement. The nerves stem from me not having a television and 4 people in a small apartment for 11 days. Otherwise, it will be great. Oh, and it is dark here for over half the daylight hours...

Anyway, here's the this week fun:

::looking forward to eating this lingonberry-orange bread for breakfast tomorrow and proud that we picked the berries ourselves
::shocked and amazed that I live here
::recognizing that the beauty of the ocean will never cease to amaze
::making homemade remedies, this is some of the ingredients
::slippery elm lozenges for sore throats and coughs
::Cold and cough syrup, I also made elderberry syrup - tasty remedies for sickness that Kennan has gotten to try a lot in the past 2 weeks
::realizing that we're probably not going to eat at our table until Christmas...
::because there is fabric everywhere - bag making, orange quilt finishing, fabric for my brother's wedding quilt, and some more fabric for pillows to match a previously made quilt
Needless to say, there is much to be grateful for. I am thankful that we have friends to celebrate Thanksgiving with. I am thankful that a hug from my mom and dad is just a short time away. I am thankful that I have a warm place to lay my head, yummy food to eat, and the money to be able to make gifts for family this year.

Have a wonderful week and happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love natural remedies! You'll have to dish how you made it, what it is and if it worked!!! I'm so curious. I also LOVE the ocean spray pic. Ahhhhhhhhh, you get the best of both worlds!!! I LOVE the mountains, but sometimes I miss the beach. Or at least water.