04 April 2012

Blender Love

The following blog post may seem foolish to some, but it is all true.

I love my Blendtec blender.

Love.

There is no ending to my love, and the word love is not an over-exaggeration. This blender does whatever I ask it to do with little to no complaint. This blender keeps me healthy. This blender gets used all the time.

Today was a fairly normal day in the life of the blender.

First, wheat berries.
Magic: freshly ground whole wheat flour in one minute. It smells like heaven.
 Next up, mayonnaise. There is scary stuff in most mayonnaise from the store (not all brands, but most) so I make mayo in 3 minutes with my blender. Creamy, thick beautiful mayo.
Smoothies are beautiful. We make smoothies all the time. This smoothie is homemade yogurt, kale, mango, nectarine, apple, and pear.
 The fruit is all frozen from last summer's sales. Look at the green goodness. 2 minutes. And no, it doesn't taste like kale it just looks like kale.
I am telling you, I love my blender. 


People scoffed and scoffed when I spent so much for one kitchen appliance. Just look at all the stuff this baby does, though. Worth every single penny we saved. Still going strong after 24 months of hard use. Hardly a day goes by that it doesn't get used for something. 


I'm in love with a blender. Even if I moved across the globe this blender would stow away in my luggage. Seriously. 

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Excellent! I like the mayo idea. I have no ambition to make it by hand, but a blender - now that's an idea. Hooray for a good investment. Keep on blending friend.

Justin Van Soelen said...

"Will it blend? That is the question." We first came across BlendTec blenders about 4 years ago through their YouTube videos where they blend all sorts of ridiculous things together; those blenders are pretty incredible! I'm glad to hear yours is serving you so well! We're saving our pennies and will have one someday. : )
I've been reading your blog lately and you guys have really had a tough go round of it the last few years (sickness & unemployment especially). There's not much encouragement I can offer that you haven't already iterated, as it sounds like you're being very thoughtful through this whole process. I guess just know there are people in Iowa praying for you guys and your situation. Be encouraged and hopefully this is a temporary season for you two.
Justin

Sarah Anne said...

i love my blender too! (although, i basically just use it to make smoothies... ;) )

Alaina Beth said...

Justin - Thanks for the comment! I agree, the BlendTec commercials on YouTube are just a riot. We almost fall over sometimes when we watch them. Seriously, though, this blender is worth its weight in gold. Saving up for it is an extremely great idea!