21 April 2012

This is the Quilt that Never Ends

This is the never-ending quilt. However, it has to be finished by the end of May, the one year anniversary of my brother's wedding. So, I am attempting to grit my teeth and finish. I love the pattern and making the blocks is extremely fun, it just takes an extremely long time. 

I started with this:
Then, at this phase, I was about halfway through making the *small* blocks. Yeah, that's right - there are small blocks and then large blocks.
These are the blocks entitled 'block A' in the quilt pattern. 13 of them. As you can see, there is lots of piecing for every. single. one. But don't they look great?
 I am extremely thankful (in some ways) that the little boy I work with was out sick this week, because I was able to get a bunch of these blocks finished. These are block B. Looking closely, you can see how they differ from the above photo.
 Here they are, block C. So far, these are my favorite. There are also blocks D through F. I am over half done with the D blocks.
 Then, you see, I have to figure out how I am going to lay it all out. Then place it all together. Then I need to figure out how to quilt it...and figure out if I have enough backing fabric.

 All of this is happening in the midst of some major life stuff, so it is pretty interesting to say the least. The sewing does calm me, though, because it is monotonous. 


Plus, some photos of our walk last night because, well, who doesn't love beautiful pictures of mountains?
 Those are kite boarders...I think. If that isn't what they are called my husband will correct me.
Sewing, sewing, sewing. But there's pot roast, potatoes, and carrots in the oven for supper. Yum!

No comments: