06 November 2014

Gratitude: November 5

Well, this is a morning late, but I wasn't able to get a good picture last night in the dark.

Yesterday was a long day at work and I am extremely grateful for a few simple things.

For restaurants on days when we just can't muster up any energy left to cook.

For my parents, who pick up my veggie box for me each week because it is in the same town they work in. They also have a hot tub at their house to sit in. Enough said.

For Grinnell Heritage Farm, because this was our first box in the winter share. Each box is supposed to get you through 2 weeks with veggies. We're getting 3 more of these boxes into December. I'm thinking it will last much longer than 2 weeks each!
Seriously, isn't that nuts? 4 heads garlic, 5 red onions, 2 lbs brussels sprouts, 5 lbs sweet potatoes, spinach, arugula, red kale, 2 lbs turnips, 3 lbs carrots, 3 lbs beets, 3 lbs broccoli, and cabbage. 

I am in awe of the color of the vegetables, the amazing farm that grew them, and I am filled with thanks that I live so close to a place that gives me such bounty. No matter what I pay them, it is not enough for these organic vegetables.

Gratefulness overflows and menu planning commences.


No comments: