03 November 2014

Gratitude: November 2

Sunday was a simple day at home. I adore simple days at home, so for that I am exponentially grateful. I am also quite thankful for an extra hour of sleep because that always helps.

Sunday was also a day of bottling and squeezing cider to be made into fresh gorgeous juice and also into hard cider to be enjoyed for the next year.

I am grateful for the bulk delivery service I order from, for yummy pears and this jug of now bottled pear cider.
I am thankful for antique sausage stuffers in my grandparents' basement that my husband had the ingenious idea to turn into a homemade cider press. He designed the rest of the parts and...
Voila! Homemade cider press under $10. A husband who can do stuff like this is something to be grateful for indeed.
These are just more cider pictures. Watching that liquid gold flow out was such a joy to behold. And to know we get to share it with others makes me so happy.
 This is our finished product. 6 gallons of apple cider fermenting. Beautiful.
This weekend, my gratefulness was about the little things, the everyday things, the simple. For grandparents with crazy stuff in their basement that was probably going to get thrown away. For husbands who think up crazy stuff that usually works, which is awesome. And for time to be able to spend together doing something like this, something that maybe most people wouldn't enjoy, but that we love doing together.

No comments: