Ah, November. I really love October and November so the start of this month in and of itself is full of gratefulness. I love the cool air, the crunching leaves, the Thanksgiving excitement in the air.
For today, a somewhat easy and frivolous list because the day was mostly frivolous and easy. This was the first time a day like that had come for quite awhile. The blessings of rest are not to be denied.
Thankfulness for roasted chicken. I know where the bird lived and I know the people who lovingly cared for it so that it could grace my table with its wonderfully yummy sustenance. Thank you, Rob and Tammy Faux.
For brussels sprouts, which are arguably my favorite vegetable of all time.For my lovely harvest table. Pumpkins from Browns Gardens, gourds from Hoffman Produce, and flowers from my favorite prairie in Decorah gathered on a gorgeous sunny day in October. I smile every time I look at my table.
For the gift of chicken that keeps on giving, broth. I look forward to many fantastic soups this month.
For Berry Patch Farm in Nevada, Iowa and their wonderful selection of pick your own fruits that brought this apple pie to my table. For food processors to make pie crust. For a kitchen to cook wonderful food in.
For beautiful friends to share this journey called life. It is a blessing to live close to someone I have called friend since second grade.
And truly, thankfulness for my silly job that made me so angry yesterday that I could have spit. Although there is still some resentment and frustration with some things that happened and will continue to happen, my job helps me remember each and every day that there are many people in the world who are struggling with cancer and major health problems, even in my small corner of the world much less in the larger world around us. My small problems of getting frustrated with how things go really don't matter so much in the grand scheme of how many people are forced to live. My job constantly teaches me how to let go of the small and the petty and how to be truly thankful for weekends off to revel in time together with my husband.
1 comment:
yes and yes :) Love you friend-Sarah
Post a Comment