Well, for those of you who are looking for what is actually going on in our lives, here goes.
Kennan got a job at a grocery store here called Fareway. He works at the meat counter. He doesn't love it, but he doesn't hate it. It is a job, and for that we are grateful. He works almost full time, which is great.
The official fall kick-off is happening at church this weekend. So, all my responsibilities officially start! Eeek! Here is a list of all the things I'm currently involved in: Leading an adult SS class, planning bi-weekly youth nights focusing on the spiritual practices, leading a marriage/parenting home group, starting up a family ministry here, and other Sunday morning worship responsibilities. Please be in prayer for me especially over the next week. There is a lot on my plate, and I need the guidance of the Spirit so that it all works out and begins to develop well.
Overall, I love this place. I love these people, and I love the senior pastor. So far this experience has been overarchingly good. There are potholes, as always, but most everything is good. There are some women in ministry issues. But I expected them, so I was as prepared as one can be.
Thanks for your prayers. They are sincerely felt and appreciated as I continue to wear my pastoral shoes.
06 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment