10 September 2007

What do you do when....

The person you love the most is suffering?

For the last 7 months now my husband has been in an icky funk. And the truth of the matter is, it isn't his fault. I'm really struggling because everything in my life seems to be going great. I have a great internship, I know my call in life, I have great friends, and I am for the most part quite happy and content with myself and my relationship with God.

Kennan, on the other hand.... It feels as though every time he tries something, it goes wrong. No matter what it is...school, job, buying a computer, financial aid. He does all the right things, follows all instructions carefully, and still, things fall apart all around him. It is difficult knowing that I am his only real stability, which is selfish of me, I realize. But at the same time, I am in pain much of the time for him. I am happy, lively, and doing well. He is the opposite.

So, I live with the feeling of unfairness, and of how horrible it must feel for him to watch me, getting the things I want basically handed to me. And I wonder why. Why is it that this gorgeous, beautiful, loving and caring man is being slighted over and over again? How do I most help and care for him while he is in pain? How do I continue to live with someone who is unhappy? What can I do, if there is anything? Do I just need to wait for him to be led out of the wilderness?

Any insight? Those of you who know us know how deep and real this pain is. You know the awfulness of the last 6 months. Do you have any ideas for me?

Oh God, please help us.

No comments: