Well, it has officially started. Kennan and I have embarked on parenting 4 children for 10 days. Almost only 9 left. 3 are currently on sleepovers and the teenager is having a movie watching party in the basement with some friends.
So far no major incidents. I actually am having tons of fun. I definitely think the way to become a parent is one at a time, but all in all I believe this week will be alright. However, please pray for me on Wed/Thurs. Kennan will be in Chicago for class and I'll be doing this parenting thing on my own. That scares me a bit. The whole bedtime/morning thing by myself is a little freaky. I know I CAN do it, I just need some faith in myself. Hopefully by then we'll have a better rapport with the kids so they'll know me better.
And sometime I have to read about 500 pages for my class...when?
I think this experience is going to be so helpful for ministry. I get to live the life of a 'normal' family in our church for 10 days and begin to understand just how much it takes to be working, parenting, volunteering at church, and coordinating everyone's life. I think it will open my eyes. And, although I may not like it at times, I really think I will grow a lot.
Pray that the kids are okay. Their parents have never been away from them, ever. I know it will get harder as the days wear on. Pray that Kennan and I have fun with them, love them, and care for them well.
11 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment