Yesterday was a quiet day at home. The quiet day at home was necessary for me, for Kennan, for us. We have been much too busy lately and it is only going to get worse.
Kennan starts his trek to Chicago once a week to retake his class next Wednesday. And for 8 weeks after that, there he will be, driving the 5 hours to Chicago, and then the 4 hours back. In the winter. Pray for safety and roads that are easy drivable. If he misses even one day of class he could be in huge trouble.
This also means we are living on lots less because Kennan can't work as much because he'll be traveling. I sort of felt like we were already living on less - and now even less. I know God will provide, I do. I'm just not sure HOW, which is okay, I am sort of excited to find out.
Next Friday, I become a mother. Don't freak out, it is only for 11 days. :) We are watching four children and a dog while the parents have their first getaway they have ever had as a married couple. I believe this adventure will be fun and I am hoping I still want to have children someday afterwards. And I don't really like dogs and this dog is quite large. Kennan will be gone for 2 days, so I will be a single mother with 4 children and a dog. Quite a contrast from normal life. We shall see.
Immediately after this adventure ends I go to Chicago to take a class at the seminary and then attend the annual pastor's conference. I am really quite excited about this adventure for many reasons. I get to see friends, I don't have to use vacation time because the pastor told me this is continuing education and therefore, Kennan and I can still go on vacation in March to visit friends. (Shout out to you, Dave and Beth, we'll be calling soon!) I also am happy to attend the pastor's conference as a pastor. It will be like a whole new world.
And then we'll be home, at least for a little while.
I just finished a book that I think may change my life, The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd. It is about her journey from a male-centered religion to a place where she can recognize the feminine aspects of the Divine. It was a wonderful read, but I am still processing what it means for me. There were definitely areas that I did not understand or agree with, but the book was extremely insightful and she said many things that I have been thinking for a couple of years now. Honestly, it was nice just to know that someone was thinking the same ways I am.
02 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Kennan we'll be praying for travelling mercies for him during the months ahead. I hope the class goes well.
Are you staying at the hotel for Midwinter? Do you want to plan a meal or some type of get together? (it's jut me coming, though)
Are you going to BC? If you are, I'm totally jealous!!!
Post a Comment