So, the week is still going okay, but I have to be honest and confess this sin: I cannot WAIT for this week to be over. After talking to some other parents today, they are telling me that I am experiencing all sorts of crazy parental things in a very short amount of time. One women actually told me she was impressed I was still alive and functioning, how is that for encouraging? :)
But in all reality, lots of things have happened.
1. The van broke, so we had 1 car and 6 people. It was interesting.
2. The youngest, 4, got the stomach flu in the middle of the night. Lovely. She wanted me to stay up with her 'because I'm a girl like her mom'.
3. Sleeping with a 4 year old because she is afraid she is going to throw up again and getting punched in the face and yelled at. Comical.
4. Walking around in a delirious state waking kids up at 6:30 after being up all night with said 4 year old. The kids were laughing at me because I wasn't making sense. Yeah, it was bad.
5. Having to miss work because of sick kid. Never experienced this before.
6. It is snowing outside. It is supposed to snow like 10 inches here in Iowa tonight. Probably a snow day tomorrow. All day here with the kids without Kennan because he is in Chicago, safe and sound. (And he might be stuck there for awhile). Lovely.
7. Snow dayness would mean no work again. And I'm not going to be at work until February 3rd because I'll be in Chicago and my boss is on vacation until today, coming back tomorrow. So if there is a snow day he and I won't be able to talk about anything important...bad.
8. I am honestly to the point that I cannot sleep because I am so tired - does anyone else ever have this?
The truth is, I'm fine. I'm alive, the kids are alive, so that is good. It is still fun, I'm just overwhelmed. I'm going to bed now. :)
16 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Yup. Lovey. I just wrote on my blog tonight:
I never realized that with motherhood would come the inability to gather ones thoughts and think deeply. They say you lose brain cells with each pregnancy. I think you may just lose the time to use them properly!
I'm waiting for the follow up. You did survive, didn't you?
I'm flying solo this week, so now you know better how to pray!
Post a Comment