25 February 2008

It is Finished!

You know that glorious feeling when you finally finish all these things that have been hanging over your head? I have it. I just finished a 12 page paper for my class from J-term. It is a huge relief to be done with school again and focus on my internship. The truth be told, I'm not convinced the paper is all that great, but sometimes, you do what you have to do.

Also this weekend, the senior pastor was really ill, so I wrote a sermon and served communion for the first time by myself all within 24 hours! It was actually exciting. My deepest fear has been that I would serve communion and the juice would spill all over the floor and I would start crying. And that didn't happen. So I am thankful.

And, in the spirit of Thanksgiving - only 11 days until vacation! Woohoo.

Funny quote of the week: (from a book for my paper)
"I am a feminist because I believe women are people too." -Alan Alda :)

4 comments:

Sarah H. said...

It is finished too! I just emailed mine in. Now I just need to do the reading report.

Beth said...

I like your deepest fear. Mine while serving communion would be switching around one word and messing everything up theologically.

Jane D. said...

Have a great vacation and please deliver big hugs to all of the Wenells when you see them! I'm so jealous! =) But even more excited for you!

Jane D. said...

Have a great vacation and please deliver big hugs to all of the Wenells when you see them! I'm so jealous! =) But even more excited for you!