First off, I am currently reading Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright. It is rocking my world. The book is about the ultimate hope that people of faith have and how this hope should impact how we live and act in this world, NOW. This book is helping me to process all my eschatological feelings as well as my deep sense of justice. It is exciting.
Second, I wrote here on my blog some time ago about my struggles with being healthy. I am nowhere near where I hope to be someday, but I am okay with that. I am on the road and this time, I am moving. Since the end of May I have lost 10.2 pounds. This might not seem like much to anyone else, but for me it is a landslide. Also, at the beginning of the summer I could barely run 8 minutes. I am now up to 16 minutes and feeling really great about my run/walk program.
There are still lots of things I struggle with in this area. No major sinful practice can be cured in 9 weeks. I still have major hang-ups. I still crave lots of foods that make me feel crappy. I still struggle at times to get out and do my exercise even when I know I will feel so much better if I do. The thing is, I am doing it this time. Usually I have given up by now. This time I am serious.
Like any major sin, it keeps picking at me. But slowly, the power of the Spirit is helping me to be who I am called to be. Slowly, I am starting to treat this body like the temple that it is instead of wasting what I have been given.
Slowly but surely, I am on the road. Thanks for your prayers.
(And, in other news - 2 WEEKS!!!!!)
24 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go on the 10 pounds--it is a big something.
Yay God for His victory in this with/for you! You make me think as I'm not always so good on treating my physical body as the temple of God.
Awesome to here your successes! And I do know what a struggle it has been for you! You go girl!!!!
Sharing your struggle with others is hugely powerful in decreasing the power of the sin. I admire your courage in blogging about it. And I am glad you are seeing some progress even in the midst of a difficult time. That's good stuff. Love you!
Post a Comment