Well, it is official. I live in Chicago and I am a full-time student yet again. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about those two truths.
Yesterday, I attended the first seminary chapel of the year and then the announcements that follow. It was awkward. I was in a sea of people, some of whom I know, most of whom I don't. I stood there, stuck. The chatter of everyone floated loudly around my head and the only feeling I had was being completely overwhelmed. I have been separate from this world for over a year. Separate from this student life, the life of mingling in the seminary, talking in the library, studying...and I have no idea how to re-enter. Ridiculously enough, I feel like I have been in outer space, the seminary is earth, and I have this atmosphere to get through - and I don't have my re-entry gear. It is actually painful. All this change is causing me actual physical pain.
I am still reeling from my grandma's death. I am still grieving leaving my internship. I am still whirling from CPE. As I sat in class yesterday, I realized something. I am tired of talking about all of this - I just want to do it. So, I need to work on being thankful for this year.
3 1/2 more days before my husband and I are together again...
26 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...you just described my feelings when I entered the classroom again after 15 years of living in the "real life" world :) ~Cheri
Post a Comment