Well, I officially live with my husband. Our forced separation has ended - hopefully nothing close to this will ever happen to us again. I will avoid being apart from him like the plague. Interestingly enough, although being apart this summer was horrific, there has been a significant transition to living together again. Sleeping with another person in the bed is tricky, and sometimes we sit around, staring at each other thinking - what should I do with you right now? :)
Despite everything, I have learned that the important things in life need more time. Yet again I am learning that I cannot be all things to all people. I am one human being and right now the important things on my list have become husband and school.
In other news, school is really kicking my toosh. Previously, I was fairly good at skimming biblical studies and theological works. I'm finding that I lost some of that ability last year. I forgot how much reading seminary is. I forgot how much 3 hour night classes stink. By 9:30 at night no one should be forced to think. I think my brain might shut off at 8:00.
Also, I am captivated by the current election. I do not understand either VP choice. At all. Okay, I do understand, but I'm still not sure they were good. The main issue - the war - seems to have now been put on the back burner since Iraq is telling the US to get the troops out. Which, by the way, I think we should listen to. Anyway, I'm still an Obama fan. But one of his big selling points for the wider culture was the war...so we'll see.
And in some of the most exciting news yet - I am up to 13 pounds. Which I don't think has ever happened before when I have tried to be healthier. So I really think I might be on my way. Woo-hoo! (Sometimes, you just need a woo-hoo.)
08 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo Hoo!
I agree! Woo hoo all the way! Thanks for the Woo hoo moment girl! I needed the smile too.
Post a Comment