26 September 2008

Ahhh, Retreat

So, today Kennan and I are going camping for the weekend with some friends. Despite having just returned to Chicago a month ago, I am already sick of the city. It has some great qualities, sure, but really - it is loud, smelly, and it takes forever to get anywhere. I am not a big city gal. (My dad would be proud.)

So we are retreating. To a campground. With our tent, our food, and our friends. There are hiking trails - and an apple orchard - and hopefully stars. I am so thankful.

If anyone has any helpful ideas about how to be motivated to write papers and read books that are interesting, but difficult to process - please help me. I am having the hardest time doing things...and that isn't good.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Yay for time out of the city! I remember that need oh so well and understand completely!