After a weekend filled with bliss (except for being freezing whilst sleeping) in God's divine creation, I am back in the city and realizing something profound. I am in a MUCH better place in my life when I get to spend time in creation. I feel better, I think better, I act better, I am closer to God. So much better. Ahhh.
Today, we had our first call to ministry meeting of the year. Basically, this is a fancy, pastoral way of saying 'the finding a job process'. It was scary and overwhelming, but we'll see. I'm not really sure what sort of place God has for me...for us. I do, however, know there is a place for me somewhere in this ministry world. And for today, that is enough.
I know I work better in a team. I know I work well with men (don't ask me, I just know it is true). I know that I am not a huge fan of the city. I know that I am willing to live anywhere overseas, Alaska, whatever. I'm not so convinced about the southern US. I need cold. I know I love ministering to families. I know I cannot be primarily a youth minister or music minister. I know I like teaching...and surprisingly, preaching isn't so bad. I love small group ministry. I love empowering others.
So we'll see...right?
30 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm one who also gets renewed in creation. And I'm realizing I need more than just outings to the parks around here. We weren't able to do camping this summer--with new job and no income and all (all meaning not sure if we're up to camping with Nils yet). But we're hoping to get up north in a few weeks. Bryan was down here this weekend, so we've got a place to bunk for the night at least.
Post a Comment