25 September 2008

Thing I NEVER thought I would say...

So, yesterday, after a LONG day of trying to concentrate, becoming overwhelmed by the thought of being 'pastor', and just plain being exhausted, I said the following to Kennan,

"Honey, how about next year you just work and support me. I'll stay home and cook and clean. I'll quilt and fix you food and think about things. How does that sound?"

To which he, ever so gracious :), replied,
"Okay, sure. When is it my turn?"

Those of you who know me understand that this sort of statement, coming from me, is TOTALLY out of character. The trouble was - in the moment - I was serious. I am really working on trusting God with the next year of our lives. (Yes, the next year is all I can currently think about.) It is hard. So maybe I will stay home and think...

3 comments:

kgkkamata said...

Hmmmmm . . .

Rev. Dave said...

What? My only hope of getting back in the ministry is to work alongside you as a co-pastor somewhere . . .

Jane D. said...

Will be interesting to see what God has in store! I am praying for His leading however outside the box that is!