02 March 2009

Weddings - They are EVERYWHERE!!!

Watch out, you could be next.


Seriously. I am not kidding.

Weddings. In my life, they are currently everywhere. And it is March. How wierd is that? My friend getting married this weekend tells me that this means that March is cool. Debatable.

Weddings are everywhere. This weekend I will officially officiate at my first EVER wedding ceremony. In Massachusetts. Can you believe it? (Really, I have the paperwork and I'm legit!)My friends are trusting me to do this. Pretty humbling, to tell the truth. A little scary. Kennan has (and will continue) to hear the service a lot before the big day. (Believe me, he loves it). :) But truly this is a huge honor. Pray for me and my friends this weekend on Friday and Saturday if you think of it.

Also, some other good friends of ours are getting married this weekend, but we cannot be there, which is sad. (Shout out to Jane - tell the happy couple we love them!) Then, March 14th, Kennan's brother is getting married in Iowa. To top all that off, one of my dear seminary friends just got engaged and is in the midst of planning a wedding too.

Seriously, weddings. They are everywhere...watch out - you could be next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weddings do seem to come in swarms. Also, there's no debate about March. It is very, very cool. Lots of cool people were born in March.
Clarissa

Jane D. said...

I love it that I made it on your blog! I'm not sure I'll shout it out, but I will let your love and "presence" there be known! And I pray God uses you in big ways as you officiate your first wedding! Go God and go Alaina!

Beth said...

So, I seem to recall that there was much contemplation regarding what to wear for your first day as a pastor. Any word on what to wear for the first wedding you officiate?

Am I silly, or what?