10 January 2010

Sandpaper Weekend

This weekend has been a sandpaper weekend. I feel rubbed raw. A sandpaper weekend it has been.

The sandpaper has revealed things that I do not want to think about. Forced me to think about things that I do not want to be true. Forced me to realize that there are some things I have to do that are painful to me and probably to others.

The sandpaper has come from within, from without, from inside, from outside, from pain.

There are things that just must be dealt with. I hate that. It is hard to know that.

Sometimes it is difficult to realize that to be true to myself I just might have to let everyone else down. To be an outcast. To be listless. To be who I am I may have to deal with everyone else. Ouch. Sandpaper.

1 comment:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Alaina, I only met you a couple of times, but thanks to Clarissa, I got to meet you at all. You seem (ed) like such a joy and this is your only post I have read BUT I am hoping that life in Alaska is finding you well?...?